"Thanks for all your help and advice with the divorce. I think it was an unusually stress free proceedings which has certainly helped with maintain a friendly atmosphere with J. The bonus also being with the children have not been overly affected too, which is certainly our objective. JH"
Shelley completed a Law Degree at Staffordshire University and a Post-Graduate course at Birmingham. She worked in Family Law at a Stoke firm for many years before relocating to Bedfordshire where she continued working in private practice. She moved back to area in 2000 and worked for Jewels Solicitors until 2010. She has been with Pickering & Butters since January 2011. Shelley has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field and is highly regarded in the area for her expertise and no-nonsense approach.
Shelley assists with all areas of Family Law including divorce and finances, children issues, pre and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation disputes. She is a trained Collaborative Lawyer.
What is your career highlight?
All of my good results and satisfied clients after protracted litigation are highlights!
My happiest memory….
Most recently, it would be whizzing along in a speedboat in sunny weather and turquoise sea in Mauritius.
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Despite advancing years, I have still competed and won many show jumping competitions and made many horsey friends and contacts along the way.
I am the biggest fan of…
Richard Gere and Russell Brand!
What our clients say...
- Thank you for your help and support during the last very long frustrating years. LP
- I would like to say thank you to yourself and your team for supporting me through this. The result has come much quicker than expected and I am very pleased that both parties and their counsel have been able to maintain a common sense approach to this case. MT
- Many thanks for all of the help and support you have given me throughout my divorce. Your empathy and understanding has made a very difficult time more bearable. Please pass on my thanks to your secretary & Debbie also, they have been consistently helpful and friendly. HP
- I want to thank you most sincerely for all the very hard work you have done on our behalf. We are delighted with the outcome. Thank you is not enough. R
- Thanks for all your help and advice with the divorce. I think it was an unusually stress free proceedings which has certainly helped with maintain a friendly atmosphere with J. The bonus also being with the children have not been overly affected too, which is certainly our objective. JH