Sometimes it can seem like a minefield when you are looking at which licences or combination of licences are required for your business. Fail to obtain the correct ones and you could find yourself under investigation, facing a fine and losing out on business.
Here at Pickering & Butters we offer a comprehensive service in licensing, dealing with all issues relating to regulated activities under the Licensing Act 2003. Our work ranges from initial applications right through to representing you before the authorities if you’ve had an application contested, a licence is in review or jeopardy or you are in dispute or facing an investigation.
Our clients include hotels, restaurants, bars, supermarkets and convenience stores and we have experience in all types of premises from the high street to villages and community centres.
Our specialist, Roger Price, holds the BIIAB National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders and possesses considerable knowledge of licensing matters.
We can help you with all aspects of licensing law and in particular:
- Applying for new Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates and / or advising upon whether a licence application complies with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003
- Applying to vary existing Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates
- Applying for Personal Licenses
- Advising on the procedure for objecting to an application for a licence
- Advising on the sale, purchase and letting of licensed premises together with advice on planning issues
- Providing advice regarding (and / or representation at) a Licensing Hearing
- Dealing with contested applications and representing clients before Licensing Committees (and before the Magistrates’ Court on appeal if necessary)
- Advice on bringing an appeal before the Magistrates’ Court against a decision taken at a Licensing Hearing
- Representation in respect of offences under the Licensing Act 2003
For expert advice on all licensing matters, please get in touch.