"I cannot express how grateful I am for all the time and effort you have put into my case... I was so taken aback by this. You have been very sensitive and kind in your emails and that has meant a lot just not to be judged. AR"
Jan studied her Law Degree at Lancaster University and Legal Practice Course with The College of Law at York. After spending several years out in banking in London, Jan qualified as a solicitor in 1993. She has been a solicitor with P&B for over twenty years and made Partner in 2001. Jan also acts as the Law Society Compliance Officer (COLP) for the firm.
Jan specialises in personal injury. She has a solid reputation for her litigation skills. Jan offers each client a tailored service suited to their needs and personal circumstances and does all that she can to help her clients succeed in an approachable way.
What is your career highlight?
Developing trust with my clients. I have acted for one family of four eight times and know them personally.
My most memorable experience is…
Swimming in the Great Barrier Reef.
What do you do in your spare time?
If I am not in work, I have two lovely girls; what is “spare time?!”
I am the biggest fan of…
What our clients say...
- For once I am lost for words, because words seem so inadequate. But how do you say thank you…. We are both really grateful for all your hard work, also the manner in which it was done. You're professional and you were always approachable, which we found very warming. You are a wonderful person to have known. I can only say that your company must be very proud of you. With all our best wishes…. DJ.
- Jan, thank you for all of our hard work and support with L’s claim. Your sensitive nature and approach has been much appreciated. AD.
- Jan, Very sincere thanks for your hard work dedication and sympathetic understanding and reaching a conclusion in my case. LD.
- Just wanted to say words will never be enough for what you have done for R and Me. Your patience with him when he doubted everything was immeasurable. I will never be able to thank you enough for going above and beyond the extra mile with us. We will keep in touch and recommend you to everyone. JRW
- I would just like to say many thanks for all your hard work dealing with what turned out to be a quite difficult company to deal with. I would have no hesitation in recommending yourself or your company to others in the future. Ms M
- I wish to thank you personally for being so kind and so good to me yesterday at the Trial. You completely put me at my ease and I felt so much better for it. Thank you so much for all of your help. Mrs H
- Thank you very much I can not thank you and your team enough for the help and support that my wife and myself are getting at a time when things seem to be going wrong for us. It is good to know we have someone to turn to for help and advice. Mr T
- Having used Pickering & Butters LLP for over 10 years I can heartily recommend their services… I always have access to the same solicitor. When it comes to personal injury claims Pickering & Butters are certainly the specialists. MP
- Jan thank you for all your hard work I do appreciate it and this is why we keep coming back to you and refer you to others. DP
- Thanks for all you help in the last year. I really have appreciated it. SM
- Thank you so much Jan for all your time and hard work that bought very satisfying results. I am more than pleased – thank you. M
- Very sincere thanks for your hard work, dedication and sympathetic understanding – reaching a conclusion in my case. Yours gratefully. LD
- I cannot express how grateful I am for all the time and effort you have put into my case ... I was so taken aback by this. You have been very sensitive and kind in your emails and that has meant a lot just not to be judged. AR
- Thank you so very much for agreeing to provide professional support and guidance to me throughout the case. Your support has been most caring and second to none. I certainly wouldn't have been able to achieve anything without your excellent counsel. You know that I always recommend P&B to anyone seeking legal support and I will continue to do so, because I think I pretty much have a contact in every department now. Mrs W
- Thank you very much.… I understand how hard you worked for me and my family and without you I wouldn’t know what I’d have done or indeed how I’d have kept sane. Mrs B
- We would like to thank you for the lovely things you said and for the kindness and sensitivity you have always shown us. You managed to make a difficult and emotional process a lot easier to deal with.” Mr & Mrs H
- We are so grateful for your explanation of everything in great detail. We really appreciate how you make our meetings so friendly and comfortable.… Thanks again for your compassion and kindness.” Mrs H