If you are in the business of dealing with consumers, you’ll know that there is a raft of legislation you need to adhere to. The trouble is, you can spend time familiarising yourself with this legislation, only to find that a new law has been passed and everything has changed.
Here at Pickering & Butters the job of our dedicated consumer law experts is to keep our clients up to date on regulatory updates, so that they can remain informed and keep their operation within the law.
Treating customers fairly and within the realms of the law is not only imperative for legal reasons, it’s also important from a public relations perspective. With the wide and growing use of social media and online review platforms, it is essential that a close eye is kept on customer satisfaction, and that includes ensuring laws are adhered to, because you can bet that consumers will know their rights these days.
Our experts can provide professional advice on:
- Your duties and obligations under the Data Protection Act
- Your duties under the Consumer Rights Act and the Consumer Safety Act
- Staying within the law when marketing via telephone or email, including the realms of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Your obligations under the Distance Selling Regulations
- How to comply with the requirements of the Advertising Standards Authority
- Registering with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)