If you slip, trip or fall as a result of someone else’s negligence, then you may be entitled to compensation for any injuries you have suffered. Our expert personal injury lawyers at Pickering & Butters can help you obtain the payment you are owed and offer you the support you need in making a claim.
We offer a caring, personal service that focuses on your needs. As well as obtaining compensation for a slip, trip or fall, we will also make sure that you have the care and rehabilitation you require to help you return to normal.
We understand how difficult it can be to start a legal claim when you have been injured, and we will do all we can to ensure the process is as easy as possible for you. We know that you will have questions about the process and how much compensation you might be entitled to, and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
Free initial interview for your slip, trip and fall claim
We offer a free initial interview with a slip and fall injury lawyer so that you can tell us what happened and ask us anything you want to know. We will be happy to see you at our offices or visit you at home or in hospital at a time to suit you.
We will go through what happened, discuss making a claim for a slip, trip and fall compensation and give you an honest assessment of the strengths of your case.
You should bear in mind that there are strict deadlines for bringing compensation claims, so it is advisable to speak to an expert personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
Speak to our slip, trip and fall claims solicitors today
Slip, trip and fall claims – key things to know
Am I entitled to compensation for a slip, trip or fall?
If you were injured in a slip, trip or fall and it was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Examples include where you tripped on uneven pavement or slipped on a wet supermarket floor, or fell over equipment that was left lying in the way at your place of work.
Is there a time limit to claim slip, trip or fall compensation?
You have three years in which to start a compensation claim from the date of the injury. However, it is always recommended that you contact a personal injury solicitor as soon as possible so that a case can be put together while everything is fresh in people’s minds and so that medical reports can be prepared straightaway detailing your injuries.
What can you claim for a slip, trip or fall?
You can claim damages for a slip, trip or fall to compensate you for your pain, suffering and loss of amenity (not being able to do the things you used to do) as well as for your financial losses, such as loss of present and future earnings and the cost of travel to medical appointments relating to the injuries.
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury and the likely long-term effects.
How does a no win, no fee slip, trip or fall claim work?
We are often able to take a slip, trip or fall claims on a no win, no fee basis. This means that there is no financial risk to you in bringing the claim. If your claim is successful, the other party will generally pay for your legal costs and expenses, meaning that you will have no costs or only reduced costs to pay.
If you ask us to represent you in a compensation claim for a slip, trip or fall, we will gather evidence of what has happened and arrange for an expert medical report to be prepared.
We will contact the other party or their solicitor and advise them of your claim. They may admit liability at this point, in which case we will negotiate with them to obtain a settlement on your behalf.
Our team have an excellent track record of success in securing good payouts for clients without the need for a court hearing. If your case does need to go to court, either because liability is denied or because you have not been offered enough compensation, we will ensure you have the strongest possible case as well as expert representation. We will support you throughout, staying by your side to guide you and answer any questions you may have.
Why choose Pickering & Butters for your slip, trip and fall compensation claim?
Our Personal Injury team is headed by James Wallbank, who has more than 15 years’ experience working within our firm and extensive experience with slip, trip and fall claims.
Our team also includes Managing Partner Jan Boulter, who has over 20 years’ experience handling personal injury compensation claims and solicitor Alex Medford, who has expertise across a full range of personal injury claims.
We always focus on providing a high quality, personal service for all of our personal injury clients. We offer:
- A friendly, sensitive approach – we understand how difficult it is to take on a legal compensation claim when you are also dealing with injuries, and we will take on all the work on your behalf so that you have as little stress as possible
- Honest advice as to your chances of success – we believe in telling you honestly about the strengths and weaknesses of your claim so that you can make the right decision about whether to pursue a compensation claim
- A clear assessment of how much compensation you might be entitled to – so that you know what to expect and so that you can decide whether to go ahead with your claim
- No legal jargon – we will always explain everything to you clearly and in plain English and ensure that we are available to answer all of your questions
- An excellent chance of obtaining maximum compensation without the need for a court hearing – we have years of experience in negotiating the best possible compensation payments for our clients as well as strong alternative dispute resolution skills, meaning we are generally able to settle claims without court proceedings
- A free initial interview – we understand that starting a legal claim can feel like a big step. We offer a free initial interview so that you can voice any concerns and see whether you would like us to represent you. There is no obligation to go ahead with us unless you are completely happy that we are the right choice
- A range of flexible funding options including no win no fee – it is important to us that good quality legal representation is available to everyone. This is why we offer a no win no fee for slip trip and fall claims, so that you can obtain the compensation you are due