If your head injury has left you unable to work or do the things you enjoy most in life, the dedicated personal injury lawyers at Pickering & Butters are ready to help with supportive, professional advice.
At Pickering & Butters, you’ll find we go all out to understand how the injury has changed things for you. We will help you put the pieces back together and claim the compensation you are entitled to. We can also help you arrange care or rehabilitative treatment through our close contact network.
If your injury wasn’t your fault, that could mean that you are able to claim compensation for your suffering, for anxiety and for your financial losses.
You will surely have lots of questions, such as how much compensation you can claim, who you can sue and how the process works. We are here to answer all your questions and put your mind at rest.
Free initial interview
We can offer you a free initial interview to talk about what happened, whether it is likely you will be able to make a successful claim, and what you could claim for.
We can see you either at our offices, or visit you at home or in hospital at a time to suit you.
Remember, there are usually deadlines by which you must make your claim, so it is never too early to act.
Call our brain injury claims solicitors today, and let us put your mind at rest
How our head injury claims solicitors can help
Head injuries can have a devastating impact on you and your family and recovery can be harder than other types of injury. So, we understand just how important it is for you to claim the compensation you need to restore your quality of life.
We are here to support you and handle the brain injury compensation claim process on your behalf, so the only thing you have to focus on is getting better.
Our Personal Injury team help people who have experienced all kinds of accidents, including:
- Road traffic accidents, such as car accidents, motorbike accidents, cyclist accidents and pedestrian accidents
- Accidents at work
- Accidents in public places
- Slips, trips and falls
- Medical negligence
- Criminal assault
What can you claim brain injury compensation for?
We can help you claim compensation for things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of amenity – losing the ability to do things you used to enjoy
- Loss of earnings, including future earnings if you cannot work
- Medical bills
- The costs of rehabilitation
- Care and treatment costs
- Equipment, home adaptations and/or the costs of moving somewhere to suit your needs
- Property damage, such as damage to personal belongings in the accident
- Other expenses, such as the costs of travelling to and from hospital appointments
We can help you claim ‘interim payments’ if you need to pay for things like rehabilitation while the personal injury claim is ongoing.
In some cases, a traumatic brain injury means that the injured person is unable to make their own claim. In these cases, we can help loved ones of people who have suffered a brain injury make a claim on their behalf.
We often work closely with our Court of Protection, Power of Attorney and lifetime planning solicitors to coordinate support and care for people who have lost their mental capacity due to a head injury.
Our team can also support you where someone has unfortunately passed away due to a head injury, including bereavement damages for their family and compensation claims on behalf of the deceased person’s estate.
Why choose our brain injury compensation solicitors?
Our Litigation and Personal Injury team is headed by James Wallbank, a solicitor with over 15 years’ experience with the firm.
Our specialist Personal Injury team also includes Jan Boulter who is one of our Managing Partners. Jan has over 20 years’ experience specialising in personal injury compensation claims. We also have Alex Medford who specialises in legal disputes with particular expertise in personal injury claims.
Here are just a few reasons to choose our dedicated team for your head injury compensation claim:
- Our team are friendly and approachable. We’ll always do our best to create a warm, safe environment where you feel comfortable to talk about what happened and invest your trust in us.
- We’ll always be honest with you about what you can claim and your prospects for success. So, you can be confident in your decision about whether to move forwards with your compensation claim.
- We don’t use legal jargon and make sure our advice is always clear and simple to understand. Where there is some legal language, such as ‘interim payments’, we’ll always explain exactly what this means and are always available by direct call or email to answer any questions.
- Our goal is always to secure the best possible settlement without getting involved in a lengthy legal battle. We specialise in strategic negotiation which focuses on the impact of the injury on you or your loved one and what you need to restore your quality of life. As a result, more often than not we are able to secure a positive settlement without going anywhere near a courtroom, saving our clients time and stress.
- We offer a free initial interview to talk about what happened, how the accident has affected you and your family, and what we can do to help. This advice is no obligation, which means you don’t have to move forwards with your claim or with our personal injury lawyers unless you want to.
- If you choose to instruct us, we can offer a range of flexible fee options to help you fund your compensation claim without breaking the bank. We take many of our clients on a No Win-No Fee basis (also known as a Conditional Fee Arrangement). This means you pay nothing up front and only have to pay our fees if you win compensation. We can also represent clients via other funding methods such as trade union funding and legal expenses insurance.